Bane NOR is in charge of operations, maintenance and construction of railways throughout the country. You may read here about who we are, what we do and what our aims are.
This is Bane NOR
- We are a state enterprise, owned by the Norwegian State through the Ministry of Transport, and established as part of the Railway Reform on 1 January 2017.
- We are responsible for the Norwegian rail infrastructure. Bane NOR is in charge of operations, maintenance and construction of railways throughout the country.
- This includes 4200 kilometres of tracks, 335 stations and stops and more than 4300 properties.
- We have a staff of 3 400 employees, and our main office is located in Oslo.
- Bane NOR adheres to the Norwegian Code of Practice for good corporate governance.
- We are organised into four divisions, each responsible for its own business areas: Operations and Technology, Construction, Customer and Market, and Property
- Four staff units have a professional responsibility across the divisions: HR and Organisation, Corporate Governance, Communication and Public Relations, and Safety and Quality.
- Bane NOR strives towards an inclusive and diverse work environment.