The Follo Line, the new double track line between Oslo and the public transport center of Ski, will herald a new era for rail traffic in Norway. The project is currently the largest transport project in Norway and also includes the countrys longest railway tunnel (19,5 km).
Today, the Oslo-Ski project comprises the new double track Follobanen as well as the total reconstruction of Ski station.
The Norwegian National Rail Administration has developed a green budget for the construction of the Follo Line. Currently The Follo Line is participating in the UIC Sustainability awards.
More information and background documents.
- 22 km of new double-track railway line between Norway`s capital Oslo and Ski
- Construction period is scheduled to start in 2014
- Designed for 200 km/h/250 km/h
- Approximately 19,5 km tunnel
- Two separate tubes with cross-passage every 500 meters
- Both TBM and drill and blast are considered
- Facilitating a possible rail line going south - constructed for high speed trains
- 1,1 million residents in the Oslo region
- 150 000 passengers every day
- 30 % population increase by 2025
- Great potential for increased freight traffic
- High speed train line towards Sweden and Europe is currently considered
Further information about the project is available in the information brochure's below.
Mobile: +47 913 98 178
Mobile: +47 906 38 626
Mobile: +47 916 56 247