Bane NOR is planning the construction of a new double-track from Kleverud to Sørli (Stange municipality), a section of 15,8 kilometres. The project also includes building of a three-kilometer-long tunnel from Kleverud to Espa, the longest railway bridge in Norway over Tangenvika (1 070 meters) and a new station at Tangen.
In the south, the route is connected to the completed double track section at Kleverud, which was opened in 2015. In the north, the new line will be connected to the existing Dovrebanen.
Read more about the project
The project is using model-based-design and BIM-enabled software.
Bane NOR’s pages for suppliers
The contract strategy comprises both the new double-track from Kleverud-Sørli and the following section Sørli-Åkersvika. The work will be organised in contracts as outlined in the below figure.
|KS-1||The Hestnes tunnel|
|KS-2||Tangenvika railway bridge|
|KSÅ-3||Civil works Tangen - Stange|
|SÅ-4||Civil works Stange – Åkersvika|
|KSÅ-6||Railway technique, Tracks and Catenary|
|KSÅ-7||Railway technique, Electrical power and telecom|
For the present the project post information of the following competitions planned to be announced:
KS-1 The Hestnes Tunnel
- Contract signing February 2021
- Commencing April 2021
KS-2 Tangenvika Railway Bridge
- Contract signing December 2020
- Commencing March 2021
KSÅ-5 Engineering Contract
Please find Bane NOR's invitation on TED to pre-qualify to tender for the new engineering contract for Kleverud-Sørli-Åkersvika. Bane NOR has set up a data vault with the existing engineering for the project is made available. This is done to give tenderers a better basis and to balance out any benefit that the current engineering suppliers to the project might have.
The competition will not give tenderers the option to tender for parts of the contract, even if company considered this at an earlier stage. Bane NOR consider that the option will give too great a risk and downside both for the marked as well as for the tender process compared to the benefits it may have given.
The project Kleverud-Sørli-Åkersvika will initiate the competition for a new engineering contract. The contract will in general terms include:
- Assistance to development of invitation to tender for railway technical contracts (construction contracts according to NS-8405) and civil contracts for the open landscape (EPC-contracts, NTK-15).
- Reinforce company’s organisation with technical personnel for follow-up during the construction phase.
- Assistance with DFO and final documentation for the project.
- The work will be performed in close contact with company, as part of an integrated team. This means large extent of co-location with company.
- Detailed design for railway signal will be performed by another contract.
The contract is planned as a frame agreement that may be extended with options and can last the entire project for Kleverud-Sørli-Åkersvika. The total volume, if all options are exercised, is estimated to 100-300 million NOK. Company consider the possibility to bid for parts of the contract, either the railway technical, the civil part or both.
More information about the contract strategy and the contracts will be published shortly.