The project is currently the largest transport project in Norway and includes the country's longest railway tunnel (20 km). Combined with the existing Østfold Line, four tracks to the capital Oslo will represent more trains and faster trains on schedule.
Denne artikkelen er eldre enn fem år.
The Follo Line will form the core part of the InterCity development southwards from Oslo. The project will comprise a 20 km long tunnel which will be Norway's first long twin tube rail tunnel.
The Follo Line Project:
- currently Norway's largest transport project
- forms the core part of InterCity development southwards from Oslo
- 22 km new double track line from Norway's capital to the public transport center of Ski
- includes extensive works at Oslo Central Station and the construction of a new station at Ski
- includes the necessary realignment of tracks for the existing Østfold Line on the approach to Oslo Central Station and between the tunnel and the new Ski Station
- will comprise the construction of around 64 km new railway tracks
- will comprise a 20 km long tunnel; Norway's longest railway tunnel to date and the longest rail tunnel in the Nordic countries
- to be excavated mainly with tunnel boring machines (TBM), but also by drill & blast and drill & split
- the first long railway tunnel in Norway with separate twin tunnels
- provides increased traffic capacity to and from Oslo
- will enable a 50 % reduction in journey time between Oslo and Ski
- designed for speed up to 250 km/h
- important preparatory work started in 2013
- EPC contracts was signed in 2015 and 2016
- main construction phase started in 2015
- scheduled for completion December 2022
Mobile: +47 913 98 178
Jacob K. Haug